Quantity Surveyor – Bolton & North Manchester
We are looking for a highly competent, experienced, Quantity Surveyor to join our clients growing development team based on sites across Bolton, Bury & Radcliffe. The role is perfect for those that already have previous experience working as a Quantity Surveyor within residential construction/development.
Company Profile for the Quantity Surveyor:
Our client is an exciting property investor, contractor and developer who takes on a variety of projects from complex conversions to sizeable new build schemes. They are growing and expanding their portfolio by the day, so the successful candidate would have to hit the ground running with previous on-site QS experience.
You will work closely with a small, hand-picked team across a variety of sites, truly adding value at each stage.
Duties of the Quantity Surveyor:
• Maintain copies of financial related contracts on site
• Work closely with the team preparing bills of quantity/cost plans
• Prepare a materials list for pricing and drawdown
• Prepare a subcontractor procurement schedule
• Prepare the bank monitoring surveyor valuation
• Issue any payless notices and required contractual notices
• Monitor monthly trade budgets
• Prepare variation accounts and internal cash flow projections
• Prepare all documentation for subcontractors and ensure all is in place before appointment
• Prepare all pre-start meetings with subcontractor and all monthly valuations/cost reports
• Liaise with accounts department for processing subcontractor payments and finalise accounts
• Prepare end of contract reports
• Analyse cost for building and site works
• Financial performance reports on all subcontractors and analysis of project result and lessons learnt.
• Contingent works, related to the QS department.
Character and background profile of the Quantity Surveyor:
• Have a Quantity Surveying degree or an honors HND qualification
• Several years’ experience in all the areas noted.
• Have worked with a (systems orientated) main contractor
• Have a full clean drivers licence
• Commercially aware
• Strong communicator
• Microsoft Office, Billsoft or other QS packages
Package for the Quantity Surveyor:
Circa £60,000 – 70,000 (depending on experience)
9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday. Some extra hours may be needed for meetings.
We are also interested in speaking with Contract Quantity Surveyors as we have new & exciting temporary contracts coming up
If you have the required experience as a Quantity Surveyor, ideally for a main contractor or residential property developer and you are looking for a permanent role with a growing, exciting firm where you can really make a difference please get in touch with your consultant at Charles Frances Recruitment
This vacancy is exclusively advertised via the Property Division of
For more information click APPLY and Upload A Copy Of Your CV.
If you are interested in speaking to one of our Property Specialists
regarding a potential role for yourself or your company,
please contact our Head Office on 0161 706 0346
or email on email@example.com
Honesty + Integrity + Passion + Knowledge + Experience = Success