Your trusted partner in recruiting for your StartUp
With our founders being Entrepreneurs themselves in various sectors, they have both been involved in the startup community for a nearly 12 years and have been through the process of pitching for investment through to exit plans, so understand your mindset - which is growth & success.
Charles Frances Recruitment's StartUp Solution frees you up for the management NOT the decision making of recruitment, so:
On May 2017 FUTURE FIFTY from TECH CITY put on an interesting event for the StartUp community in Iowa on HR & Recruitment within StartUps.
The panel chaired by Seema Desai was aimed at introducing StartUp founders & recruiters who specialise within the StartUp community over in the USA.
(the link to the complete article is available at the bottom).
Together they shared their experiences and how best to deal with recruiting both pre & post Investment.
Whether VC, Crowdshare or otherwise, the facts speak for themselves, Charles Frances Recruitment just wanted to share them with you!
Recruiting the best talent
- Hire a recruiter – invest in this function*
- The recruiter’s function is different to HR. Recruiters are the Hunters who hire the talent, and HR are the Farmers that retain it.
- Good recruiters are creative, natural networkers, good stalkers have sales skills!
- Agencies can be good if you can convert them. They need to understand the KPI’s not necessarily about numbers. It is about the quality of the hire and needs to have an open mind who to hire
- Build recruitment as part of your systems and processes. Mention that you are hiring at every opportunity – speaking, LinkedIn etc
- Have a good story to tell – this will attract people to join your company
Join the recruiter slack channel
Roadmap for the HR department
- Don’t hire permanent people for the HR function whilst you are scaling, as you need different people at different stages. Hire consultants!
- Where possible, hire part-time staff – there is a lot of untapped talent out there
Engagement with founders/CEO
- Need to have a direct link with them a great relationship where you can be honest with their abilities to lead the company
“The recruiter’s function is different to HR. Recruiters are the Hunters who hire the talent, and HR are the Farmers that retain it.”
How we work with StartUps
With our founders being Entrepreneurs themselves in other sectors, they have both been involved in the startup community for a nearly 12 years
& having been through the process of pitching for investment through to exit plans themselves, they understand your mindset – which is growth & success.
Charles Frances Recruitment‘s StartUp Solution frees you up for the management NOT the decision making in recruitment, so:
- The advertising
- Dealing with external recruitment agencies
– utilising our experience within the Industry to know who can & will do a good job for you within your specified requirements e.g finding Financial Directors, Compliance Managers through to COO’s & CEO’s – we would instruct & manage the specialist agencies with the role appropriately.
- Candidate Sourcing
- Initial interviewing
- 2nd interview organising
- Interview feedback (Good & Bad)
- Assistance with start-date confirmation & management (if required)
….are all done by your Charles Frances Recruitment Consultant!
Which leaves time for you to concentrate on what you do best – the running of your new business; so just:
- The 2nd & final interviewing
- Making the ultimate decision
.…are done by you!